Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Man Of God Shouldn't Act This Way...


Leaving your pastor's office, tears streaming and temper flaring. You look to your spouse and ask, “How could someone we trusted and loved do this? He is supposed to be leading us, he's supposed to love and care for God's people. A man of God shouldn't act this way.” I wonder how many church members have left their church feeling hurt. I wonder how many pastors have sent visitors and members running for the hills. I wonder how many of these Christians have spoke (or posted) words of anger.


I have a confession to make... I have talked badly about a Pastor before. If you are honest with yourself, you have too. It's something we all do. We're human, and there's nothing wrong with it, right? WRONG. Regardless of what the preacher or pastor has done to you or someone else, we are not to speak ill of ANY of God's anointed.


I know what you're thinking, “I need to tell everyone of the lies 'Pastor so and so' is spreading!” or “What he is doing is wrong, and I'm sure God wants us to tell others that he is a 'false prophet'.” I know you feel like you are doing what is right and fair. I was there before, too. But that is exactly what God doesn't want us to do.

Why do I think that? Well, God's Word tells us so.


“Saying, touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.” - 1st Chronicles 16:22 KJV.


David even said that regardless of how far God's men has gotten from His Word, they are still God's anointed.

“Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the Lord had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and some bade me kill thee: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for his is the Lord's anointed.” 1st Samuel 24:10 KJV.


Saul tried numerous times to kill David, but when David had an opportunity to kill Saul, he wasn't able to. Why? Because Saul was the Lord's anointed. God had called him. If God has called someone, it is not our job to bad mouth them whenever something happens. If David can't kill God's anointed after he had tried to murder David, why do we think we can bad mouth a preacher? We are doing much more bad than we are good when we choose that path.


I had this point brought up to me the other day: “If they are hurting enough people, then we should be questioning whether or not the person is truly called of God.”


That is a very good point, I have said the very same thing before, but the truth is, we aren't the authority that decides that. What if Israel had decided that David wasn't anointed or called of God? David had ruined lives and even KILLED a man. He had an affair with a woman and killed the man to whom she was married.


Can you imagine the world of hurt that David caused?


I can hear them now, “How could someone we trusted and loved do this? He is supposed to be leading us, he's supposed to love and care for God's people. A man of God shouldn't act this way.”


Sound familiar?


If a preacher is truly called of God, they will realize what they are doing is wrong, and repent. If a preacher isn't called of God, God will take care of it Himself. You don't need to tell people what's going on. If the preacher is out of God's will, or if he is, indeed, a false prophet, the congregation will recognize this if they stay in His Word. It is our job to pray for those preachers who has done us wrong, we are supposed to love them. God will take care of it all in the end. He doesn't want us worrying about it. He has our back, and He will take care of us.


“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord.” Romans 12:19

No comments:

Post a Comment