Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Heart Whispers...

In a world where women are "free" to be and do as they would like, I have found that you can only "do as you please" if you do what the world finds acceptable. If you have a different opinion, then, you are judgmental and hateful.

The world cries for woman to dress how they want, only if you show skin or show your curves. If you are conservative in how you dress, then shame on you! You are the reason men view women as objects!

The world cries for marriage equality and that "love is love"! Everyone should have a right to marriage, unless you are a young, straight couple. Then you are stupid.

The world cries for tolerance towards other religions. Everyone needs to be treated with respect regardless of what they believe in. Oh, you're a Christian? Oh no, you can't pray in public or talk about your Lord because we don't agree with you.

The world cries for women to have a career that they love! No, that doesn't include staying at home to raise your children and care for the house while your husband works. You aren't your husband's slave!

You say this isn't true? Well guess again, because I have experienced all of the above, and then some. 

Being a 21 year old Christian who loves waiting on children and her husband isn't popular. At all. 

I was a 20 year old bride. I saved myself (right down to my first kiss) for my husband. I don't wear anything that reveals too much of my body out of respect for my husband. And I spend my free time serving God at my church. I have heard so many negative things about my life choice. A lot of the above apply. And as loud as the world yelled, it was hard to hear the still small voice telling me to trust Him.

Trusting God would be easy if you didn't have the screams of the world right in your ear telling you that you are wrong. There have been times when the world almost won. It would be so much easier to conform to the world, but then I am reminded that we are called to be different. We are not called to fit in!

The Bible says in 1st Peter 2:9 - But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a *peculiar people*; that he should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;.

When I read this verse, it reminds me that the screams of the world are null and void. Those screams have no power over me, because I am a part of something much bigger. I am a Christian and a woman who loves God more than "fitting in".

I. Am. Precious.

The Bible also says - Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10.  

I never fully understood what it meant to be a "Proverbs 31 Woman" until today. I've read countless blogs about it, but never fully understood exactly what it was meaning; especially the verse I quoted. I have always thought that a virtuous woman was hard to find because she was so perfect that no woman could achieve to become one. Virtuous was impossible.

WRONG.

Being a virtuous woman is very much achievable. Virtuous means "high moral standards, chaste". So woman all have equal opportunity to be a virtuous woman, but the problem is that women choose to believe the lies the world tells us. We choose to believe that we have to be popular. We choose to conform instead of what God has called us to be.

Elisabeth Elliot once said, "The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman."

The world screams: "You are a woman, do what you want, wear what you want, say what you want!"

My heart whispers: "You are a woman of God, be meek. You are a woman of God, be kind. You are a woman of God, honor your husband. You are a woman of God, be obedient."



No comments:

Post a Comment