Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lessons From The Inspirations Part 8

Tonight was a wonderful night of singing and praising God. The Inspirations were in Blue Ridge and God paid us a visit too! I don't know why God shows me things through these men, but He does. The "lesson" tonight was a doosie.

Tonight was the first night that I bought an Inspiration CD without two of my three favorites on it. Jodi and David are gone. I had a REAL hard time buying this CD. Jon was still on it, but I knew it wouldn't be the same; and if you know me, you know that I am NOT a fan of change.

As I paid the money for the CD, and waited patiently in my seat awaiting my favorite quartet to take the stage, I caught myself thinking rather negative thoughts, such as: "Why am I doing this to myself? I know it's not going to be the same. Jodi's sweet tenor voice was the part I listen so intently to, and David's smooth lead voice is what tied everything together; NEITHER ONE OF THEM ARE HERE. Sure, Jon's here, but these new guys just won't cut it." (For those of you whom thought I could say nothing negative about the Inspirations, I, sadly, just proved you wrong.)

After these thoughts entered my head, the new lead started on one of my "David Ragan" songs... I was setting this poor man up for failure! But as I listened to him sing a David Classic, I thought, "Hey, he's not that bad, he's actually pretty good!" And then, God entered my mind.

God had to remind me of something tonight, something that I should have had in mind this whole time.

Groups change. "My Inspirations" won't always be "MY Inspirations." God has plans for each of them, and even though MY plan was for them to stay the same forever, it isn't GOD'S plan.

People change. Everyone grows, and learns and starts a new phase in life every day. I can't expect people to be the same from day to day! I, for one, have changed a lot over the course of a year. And I will continue to change as I begin the process of becoming a wife. Everyone will change. EVERYONE.

Situations change. However your life is today, it's going to change. If your life is bad today, don't worry, it WILL change, and if your life is good today.... hold on, because a storm is coming your way.

But you know what, God, He never changes. In a world full of change, we can hold on the promise that God will ALWAYS stay the same. God isn't going to forsake you. God isn't going to leave you hanging. God isn't going to leave you without an answer, and God will never, EVER leave you alone. He stood by, guided and held the people in the Bible, and if God never changes, He's going to do the same for you and me.

I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that even when I mess up, even when I change and even when I do the right thing, God will ALWAYS love me. "He loves me, He loves me, Jesus loves me!"

Verse: Hebrews 13:8 " Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. "

PS The Inspirations are still my favorites! And they were amazing tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment